Saturday, August 9, 2008

I know that You love me
Even times when I'm not aware
I know that You care
Even times when no one's there

Wow there is really alot of things to say here. First of all, I received a news on thurs that caused my heart to sank. That is the last thing I hope anybody around me gets to experience this - getting charged. But I thank God I am able to share the burden of a friend. It isn't heavy at all because we know God is in control. It is light, though my heart sank, but it floated again, with God's assurance. haha Really pray that everything will be fine and alright.

There is really so many things to rejoice about everyday!
I rejoice for a convert Rita last saturday!
I rejoice for a salvation in NYP on thursday!
I rejoice for a lovely DMM (in order of age) Huimei, Joy, Weihong, Chris, Celestine, Desiree, Evangeline, Stanley and myself.
I rejoice for some of the things happening more and more as we taught biblically. It really isn't enough or at its fullest but it is PROGRESSing and things are moving! So I rejoice!
-Communications became a little more clearer between one another!

-Relationship with one another in DMM grew closer, more fellowship, more love for one another.

-Spirit of teamwork. Some people may prevail more in the ultimate decision but there must be a common spirit in agreement and unity. Teams operating powerfully. That is what we long to see.

-Spirit of giving. Giving time and money and effort, IMFs, Study Kits, Bookmarks, people just kept doing things for the people for their good, for their comfort, for their benefit.

-Moving in the Spirit. As some grew more in the Lord and being sensitive to God, they start to operate more in spiritual gifts.

-Exemplarary leadership. Thank God the leadership is setting the pace that will flow down to the group. They are excited about the vision, setting forth the right direction and firm foundation.

-Courage. Thank God for the courage of our people in doing God's work. I find that they really have courage to do outreach and there is seldom a sense of fear in them. They are just so... READY! They go and share the gospel, they go and talk to their friends so naturally. Its scary to plant caregroups in all the courses but our people believe it can be done! Own a course today!!

-Hunger. Hunger is a healthy thing. In army, just after 10+am, I grow hungry already. Haha.
Hunger is what I sense in the people. They are hungry for God, hungry for more of God's power and His blessings, hungry for the Word and that allows them to be fed and satisfied when we teach the Word of God. Let's continually keep this hunger and grow more in the Lord. If we have this hunger, the Word of God can seep into our lives better and we will never fail to grow!

-Commitment. Really thank God for the commitment of people. Indeed I seldom hear complains. Maybe there are but most of our people are sweet spirited. We all have flaws but we don't magnify others' flaws but accept them. Thanks for accepting me, accepting your cg, accepting your CLs!

That's why I continually thank God for all of you in my prayers...

My prayer is the DMM will be strong, more and more people will rise up in faith to be leaders for the people. If we look as it is a title or position, a heavy yoke then I think we think too highly of ourselves. God can use anybody. He don't have to use me to be a leader, neither He needs any of us. However, it is a privilege He chose to involve us - men without anything special, to be His instrument, to carry out His work. We work, He works through us and His work just carry on.

Wonder how come Paul is so powerful? Because he used to be very sinful!
1 Timothy 1:13-17
13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. 15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

He didn't say he was not good enough for God or chose to run away. But He accepts God's grace in His life and allow his life to be a demonstration of God's power, patience, love and many other things.

If we are so good already, what is there left to show? Won't our pride be a hindrance to show forth God's glory? Because God chose those who feel they are weak, so that His strength might be shown forth through them... "When I am weak, then I am strong."

1 Corinthians 1
26Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29so that no one may boast before him.

So with God, we can do all things. Whether good or bad, we give thanks, its nothing about ourselves but everything about Him! One aim in life that is to please and glorify Him! Praise The Lord for what He's done and His good work in YOU!!

No comments: