Sunday, November 9, 2008

Love over success

Not too long ago, I person I admire very much, faced a defeat in an election, that I believed meant alot to him. His life has been lived in such a way that he had always wanted to change his nation Thailand for the better.

Yesterday as I was worshipping God in service, a sister came to my mind, and God used this sister's perseverance and love for the people in the area she is serving in, to remind me of what success is.

We are called to love first and foremost. Without love, everything we do is meaningless. I'm sure with love, we wouldn't mind too much about not getting elected or appreciated. We may get disappointed. But we still get up. It may be called "Messiahnic complex" that we get so selfless as we understand from the love God shown to us.

No comments: